--All-Points Bulletin for Jack Garrity: I have an irresistible proposition for you. Please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. --
Disseminating scholarship on the printed page in the twenty-first century is analogous to publishing it on manuscripts during the sixteenth century. The Internet is now no longer like Cunabula (books printed before 1500)---rare commodities even then. It is in fact now rapidly displacing print on paper. Look at what Wikipedia is doing to the Encyclopedia Britannica! Printed dictionaries and bibliographies likewise are becoming obsolete because their online counterparts are so easy to update. Expenses, delays, and storage problems are also forcing scholarly journals to go online. Why not monographs (which sell too few copies to be cost-effective), syntheses, and textbooks, as well?
Tim Berners-Lee posted the first World Wide Web site in 1990, and just over a decade later, in January, 2001, Jimmy Wales launched the Wikipedia. Four years later, in 2005, Nature favorably compared Wikipedia and the Encyclopedia Britannica for accuracy. Wikipedia now bests the Britannica for completeness of content with 200 languages and fifteen times the number of articles.
Here, on my website, you will find the latest about Gabe - gay Abraham Lincoln - outing, marriage ages in Ancient Rome, pederasty and pedagogy in Archaic Greece, homosexual history, theory, & practice, the egregious fallacy of the Presumption of Heterosexuality, the even worse doctrine of Social Constructionism, the notorious Percys & their admirers & critics, and little me.
- More about Huger Wilkinson Jervey from A History of The School of Law Columbia University (as pdf)
- Giovanni Dall'Orto, Per un catalogo delle foto di Wilhelm von Gloeden http://www.giovannidallorto.com/gloeden/gloeden5.html
- The revised edition of Courouve's masterpiece is now available for free on the Internet http://www.inlibroveritas.net/lire/oeuvre33677.html
- Sex Panic and the Punitive State by Roger Lancaster
- Roger Lancaster anthropologist and critic of the US sex-offender regime
- Sex Offenders: The Last Pariahs – op-ed by Roger Lancaster in the New York Times
- James Dubro's writing criminally intense; Mafia expert's first brush with the Mob came when he was 12 by Bill Taylor Toronto Star
- Confusion on different Mattachine chapters, Mattachine Society on 'The Playboy Club' discussions by Billy Glover and others
- Gay Music: The Case of Beethoven's Ode to Joy by Paul Knobel
- new entry for scholar Gerald Jones
- The miracle drug that wasn't book review by Richard Rayner of Markel's An Anatomy of Addiction
- ''Washington Post'' interview with Roger Lancaster - is our punishment for child predators misguided?
- Fear without Function: Do Sex Offender Registries Reduce Crime? by Alex Tabarrok
- Reminiscences of Ray Dunne (as Word document)
- Geza Schay's Example referring to William A. Percy's The Age of Marriage in Ancient Rome (as word)
- Libellisua fata habent—or books have their destinies by Beert Verstraete
- Review of Craig Williams' Roman Homosexuality by William A. Percy
I hereby offer $20,000 to anyone who first succeeds in outing a living American cardinal, a four-star officer on active duty in any branch of the U.S. armed forces. By outing mean disclosing his or her homosexual orientation or practices to the public through the mass media, so that neither the person nor his or her colleagues of equal rank can effectively deny the accusation. If the outee admits the allegations, so much the better. If not, the educated public must be convinced as evidenced by media coverage and/or public opinion polls. In short, the allegations must stick.
(In 1994 I had offered only $10.000, but sitting justice of the United States Supreme Court were included. Because of the recent reasonable decisions of the Court, I removed them and raised the bounty for the homophobic Church and the armed forces.)
Many of these entries here are in draft form, and I warmly welcome comments, suggestions, additions, or revisions, however negative. This applies to books that are already in print, because I like follow ups. So please contact me!